Bald Eagle Dies From Lead Poisoning

(Seaford, DE)  --  A bald eagle found in Seaford is dead from lead poisoning.  WMDT reports that the eagle was taken to Tri-State Bird Rescue in Newark where they found extremely high levels of lead in the bird.  This kind of poisoning can be caused by eating deer that have been shot by hunters with lead ammo, or fish with lead hooks still in them.  Hunters are asked to protect wildlife and try to use non-lead lures, sinkers and ammo. 

Source: 24/7 News

title

Content Goes Here